Friday, December 18, 2015

Waiting in the airport to go to California. Meeting Eden in San Fran where we'll pick up a car. Whenever I get together with my children, I relax. They plan, they drive, they cook. I act like a proper grandma and do whatever I want.

I've learned the trick of checking my bag at the gate. No cost and I don't have to lift the damn thing over my head into the bin.

I'm really hungry. Too bad. Airport food is, as we know, way expensive and not very good. When we landed in Lucca, Italy, the airport had an expresso bar and wee pastries. Diane declared that was the best coffee she'd ever had. Of course this was after an eleven hour flight but still. No Starbucks or Quizno anywhere.

I'd love to go back to Europe. Don't know if I'll be able to afford it again.  Eastern Europe with Eden. In the meantime, there's snow in the mountains and for Christmas, I want Houston to go skiing with me. Maybe Mt Rainier, a most exquisite place. Winter NW foxes. Shaggy peaks. Quiet.

3 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Oh, the joy of letting our children take over!
May all be beautiful, merry and bright, peaceful, sweet, and savory.

Sabine said...

Have a great time and take care with the skiing (legs). Come back to Europe and I'll let you know how to do it well on the cheap. It is easy.

Elizabeth said...

Relax and have a wonderful time. Of course, if you find yourself in southern California, I'd love to meet for some really good, overpriced coffee.