Monday, July 14, 2008

Wishbone is better and he is released from kitty jail. I was feeling almost normal this morning and I thought it was a brilliant sunny day so I should go to Seward Park and walk the perimeter before work and I got choked up and was crying a little being grateful and I saw a heron (yes, Rebecca, I did) and many people out walking and I smiled at them and I saw an eagle at the top of the snag and I got near my car and noticed people standing around and I thought, 'aha, they are wondering who owns the spiffy hybrid', but no, someone had smashed my passenger window and stolen my bag with my wallet, glasses, beeper, etc etc in it. Glass all over. Right.

At least my passport was at home.

A nice man came and replaced the window but the bank couldn't close my account without ID because of the Patriot Act. ARRRGGGG.

I will admit I had a moment of absolute freedom, no identity, no stupid debit/credit cards, no pager. Now I can get a new wallet.

2 comments:

Radish King said...

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry to hear this.

Apple said...

That's terrible!

And on a less serious note I really miss beepers.

I used to wear my dad's old and battery-less one clipped onto my jeans pocket. It just looked so cool.